Find more quick and easy recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 slices whole-grain bread, torn into rough chunks
- 1/2 tsp cracked or ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless cod fillet, patted dry and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 egg white
- 8 oz whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 10 oz curly spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Arrange an oven-safe wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Prepare croquettes: In a food processor, process bread, pepper and salt into fine crumbs. Add cod and egg white and process into a thick consistency, about 1 minute. Shape into 32 patties of 1 tbsp each; roll each gently between your palms and squeeze to adhere. Arrange on rack over top of baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until beginning to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain well. Return to pot and stir in 1 tsp oil.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. Add spinach and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, adding water in 1 tbsp increments as needed. Stir in remaining 2 tsp oil and garlic and sauté, stirring often, until spinach is limp and garlic begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add to spaghetti and toss well. To serve, top with croquettes.
- Serving Size: 7 oz spaghetti spinach mixture and 8 croquettes
- Calories: 384
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 37 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 334 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g