Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
COST PER SERVING
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil on high heat. Add peas and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, heat oil on medium for 1 minute. Add Spanish onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup water, carrots, sage and barley. Bring to a boil on high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- To stockpot, add ham and peas, stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until heated through. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 460
- Carbohydrate Content 77 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 22 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 590 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g