Tip: Pesto can also be used as a dip with veggies or as a sauce for whole-grain or vegetable pasta.
- Prep Time
1/2 cup sliced spring onions (or green onions), green parts only
1/2 cup blanched almonds
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 cups Kamut flour + additional for dusting
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Prepare pesto: To a food processor, add all pesto ingredients plus 1/3 cup water and process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze.
2. Prepare flatbread: Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Using a fork, cut coconut oil into flour mixture. Make a well in the middle and add ½ cup water and maple syrup. Knead until liquid is completely incorporated and a dough has formed. Divide dough into two.
3. Arrange a piece of parchment paper over your rolling surface. Sprinkle flour over parchment and your rolling pin to prevent sticking. Roll out dough into a ¼-inch-thick square. Cut into 24 pieces. Transfer parchment paper to a baking sheet. Slightly separate squares so that there is space between each one. Repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with pesto.
- Serving Size: 2 tsp pesto and 8 pieces flatbread
- Calories: 374
- Carbohydrate Content: 41.5 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 125 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g