2/3 cup red quinoa, rinsed (Try: Ancient Harvest Inca Red Organic Quinoa)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp dried dill (Tip: Substitute with 2 to 3 tsp chopped fresh dill, plus additional for garnish.)
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh green peas, cooked (or frozen and thawed) 12 outer romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 oz herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook undisturbed for 3 minutes. Stir in onions, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper and sauté, stirring often and breaking up chicken into smaller pieces with spoon, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top with radishes and cheese, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 3 leaves with toppings
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 43 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 445 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g