Squash & Goat Cheese Quiche with Almond Crust
Enjoy this versatile fall-flavored quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The herbed crust is made with almond flour, making it both gluten- and grain-free.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
GORGEOUS GOURD: Butternut squash is abundant in vitamin A, which can aid in the growth of healthy hair and skin, while vitamin C, another important glow-boosting nutrient found in this gourd, helps create and preserve collagen.
2 cups almond flour
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp minced fresh sage
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
2 tsp organic unsalted butter
1½ cups peeled and diced butternut squash
1 leek, sliced
4 large eggs
⅓ cup full-fat milk
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup goat cheese
8 fresh sage leaves, optional
1. Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, egg, minced sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Melt butter; using a fork, mix in melted butter. Press dough into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake until crust is lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare filling: Mist a large skillet on medium-high with cooking spray. Add squash and sauté for 5 minutes. Add leek and sauté for 5 minutes more, until leek is wilted and squash is soft.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt.
4. Place ½ of squash mixture over baked crust; top with egg mixture then remaining squash mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese and top with sage leaves (if using).
5. Bake until center of filling is set, about 20 minutes. If crust edges are browning too quickly, cover with foil.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of quiche
- Calories 521
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 246 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 410 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 21 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g