Looking for more sloppy joes? Click here.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, add beef and cook, breaking up with a spatula or spoon, for 1 minute. Add butternut squash and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onion is becoming translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, zucchini, broth, tomato paste and soy sauce, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are tender and mixture is saucy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange a rack 3 to 4 inches from top heat source and preheat broiler to high. Arrange buns, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Toast until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add arrowroot mixture to beef mixture, stirring until sauce thickens, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Season with salt.
- Arrange buns on plates and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving Size 1 cup sloppy joe
- Calories 347
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 514 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g