Find more budget recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, divided
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 6-oz boneless top sirloin steak medallions, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz whole-grain spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 head baby bok choy (about 4 oz), cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 plum, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint, divided
- In a blender, purée 1/4 cup peanuts, orange juice, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Mist a heavy 9-inch skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add steak and cook, turning once, for about 5 minutes for medium-rare or 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add peas and cook until tender-crisp, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to a bowl of ice water to chill; drain and pat dry. Return water to a boil; add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- To a large bowl, add spaghetti, bok choy, plum, radishes, 2 tbsp mint and steak. Add peanut sauce and toss to coat.
- Roughly chop remaining ¼ cup peanuts; sprinkle over spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp mint.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 403
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 473 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g