Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Position oven rack 2 to 3 inches below heat element. Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and water. Drain asparagus and immediately plunge asparagus into ice water; set aside to cool.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tsp oil on medium. Add mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbsp oil, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon zest and juice. Set aside 2 tbsp dressing for use in the Meal Plan; refrigerate.
- Drain ice water from bowl with asparagus. Using same bowl, combine asparagus, cooked mushrooms, garlic and olives. Add remaining dressing, 1/3 cup thyme and 1/2 tsp pepper; toss to coat. Cover bowl and transfer to refrigerator to marinate.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil and top with a metal rack. Place steak on rack. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, remaining 3/4 tsp pepper and salt; rub over top of steak. Broil steak for about 10 minutes. When 3 minutes remain, flip steak over and sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp thyme over top.
- To serve, cut steak into 4-oz portions and place on serving plates. Divide marinated vegetables among plates. Sprinkle cheese over vegetables.
- Serving Size 4 oz steak and 3/4 cup vegetables
- Calories 417
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 109 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 47 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 522 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g