- Prepare garlic bread: Preheat oven to 350˚F. On a baking sheet, arrange bread in a single layer and brush with 2 tsp oil. Bake until crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Rub cut sides of garlic over bread; discard garlic. Cover bread with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan on medium. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate; set aside. Drain fat from pan and discard.
- In same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium. Add leek and sauté, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add stock, wine, black pepper, pepper flakes and 1 cup water, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer and add clams, arranging in a single layer. Cover and cook until clams have opened, about 6 minutes. Stir well and discard any unopened clams. Remove from heat and stir in bacon. Gently stir in sorrel until wilted. Serve with garlic bread.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups clam mixture and 1 slice bread
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 564 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g