Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Olympic athlete Colleen Quigley fuels her mornings with this homemade granola filled with colorful raw nuts, seeds and coconut flakes.
A warning from Quigley: “It goes from “mmmm not quite there” to “shoot, now it’s burnt!” preeeetty quickly. Keep an eye on it!”
Adapted with permission from Colleen Quigley.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan or in the microwave and add the maple syrup
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix completely
- Spread the mixture evenly and thickly on baking sheet
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir the granola and bake again for 10 minutes. Granola should be browned when finished.