Steeple Squigs Coconut Granola
Crunchy, sweet and packed with protein and healthy fats
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Olympic athlete Colleen Quigley fuels her mornings with this homemade granola filled with colorful raw nuts, seeds and coconut flakes.
A warning from Quigley: “It goes from “mmmm not quite there” to “shoot, now it’s burnt!” preeeetty quickly. Keep an eye on it!”
Adapted with permission from Colleen Quigley.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup chopped raw nuts, ie: cashews, walnuts, pistachios, etc.
- ½ cup raw seeds, ie: pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan or in the microwave and add the maple syrup
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix completely
- Spread the mixture evenly and thickly on baking sheet
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir the granola and bake again for 10 minutes. Granola should be browned when finished.