Find more chicken recipes here.
Image and Recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tbsp each raw honey and fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp each Sucanat, reduced-sodium soy sauce, hot sauce, rice vinegar and fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 lb split chicken wings
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together honey, orange juice, Sucanat, soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, lime juice, oil, ginger and garlic. Whisk in arrowroot. Set saucepan over medium and cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce in a separate bowl for dipping. Place chicken wings on prepared sheet and brush with sauce from saucepan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip, basting with remaining sauce from saucepan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes more until thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thickest part (avoiding bone). Transfer to a plate; garnish with cilantro. Drizzle reserved ¼ cup sauce over wings or use as a dip (reheat if desired). Garnish with cilantro (if using).
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 217
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 82 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 282 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g