Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more chicken recipes here.
Image and Recipe from Cuisine at Home
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together honey, orange juice, Sucanat, soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, lime juice, oil, ginger and garlic. Whisk in arrowroot. Set saucepan over medium and cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce in a separate bowl for dipping. Place chicken wings on prepared sheet and brush with sauce from saucepan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip, basting with remaining sauce from saucepan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes more until thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thickest part (avoiding bone). Transfer to a plate; garnish with cilantro. Drizzle reserved ¼ cup sauce over wings or use as a dip (reheat if desired). Garnish with cilantro (if using).
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 282 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g