Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Sweet citrus and sesame flavors will make these wings a crowd-pleaser in your home. Try serving these in a basket with carrot and celery sticks and your family will be convinced they came from your local wing joint!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more chicken recipes here.
Image and Recipe from Cuisine at Home
- 3 tbsp each raw honey and fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp each Sucanat, reduced-sodium soy sauce, hot sauce, rice vinegar and fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 lb split chicken wings
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together honey, orange juice, Sucanat, soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, lime juice, oil, ginger and garlic. Whisk in arrowroot. Set saucepan over medium and cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce in a separate bowl for dipping. Place chicken wings on prepared sheet and brush with sauce from saucepan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip, basting with remaining sauce from saucepan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes more until thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into thickest part (avoiding bone). Transfer to a plate; garnish with cilantro. Drizzle reserved ¼ cup sauce over wings or use as a dip (reheat if desired). Garnish with cilantro (if using).
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 282 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g