Find more soup recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 large piece Parmesan rind (about 4 x 2 inches), plus additional sliced or grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano for garnish, optional
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini or great northern (or 1 15-oz BPA-free can, drained and rinsed) (TRY: Eden Organic Cannellini White Kidney Beans No Salt Added)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add rind, broth, beans and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- lowly drizzle eggs into hot soup, constantly stirring with a fork. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted. Discard rind and divide soup among bowls; top with cheese (if using).
- Serving Size: 1/6 of soup
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3.5 g
- Protein Content: 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 310 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g