Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cooked or BPA-free canned cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup organic firm silken tofu
- 2 tbsp Sucanat
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 small banana, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup fresh thinly sliced strawberries
- 3 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mist a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process almonds and oats into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine; wipe out food processor.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Fold into dry mixture until a soft, sticky dough forms. Transfer to pan. With moist hands, press into an even layer. Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool in pan completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add dates and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove dates from saucepan and transfer to food processor. Add 1/4 cup date cooking water, beans, tofu, Sucanat and vanilla. Process until smooth. Add cocoa powder and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Spread cocoa mixture evenly over crust. Top with banana, strawberries and coconut and remove from springform just before serving.
Nutrients per serving (1/12 of dessert pizza): Calories: 190, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 12, Protein 5 g, Sodium: 77 mg, Cholesterol: 18 mg