Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- 1. Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. In a large saucepan on medium-high, combine strawberries and cane juice. Cook, stirring occasionally until berries begin to break down and release their juices, 4 to 5 minutes. Add basil and reduce heat to low. Simmer until berries are very soft, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and purée using an immersion blender. Strain mixture through sieve, pressing on solids with a rubber spatula and then scraping bottom of sieve to get all the purée into the bowl; discard seeds and basil. Place purée in refrigerator until well chilled, 1 to 2 hours.
- 2. Using a handheld mixer on medium, beat mascarpone into chilled strawberry purée until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Clean beaters. In a second bowl, beat cream at medium speed until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until no white streaks are visible. Spoon or pipe mousse into dessert cups and chill until set, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 264
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 76 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g