Strawberry Cashew Cream “Cheese”
This sweet spin on a classic features nutritious cashews, which are one of the best whole-food, plant-based ways to recreate the taste and feel of dairy. Plus, cashews boast a high amount of important minerals such as iron. Strawberries are a wonderful low-sugar fruit rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant vitamin that's essential for skin health.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight, drained
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup all-fruit strawberry jam
1. Rinse cashews and add to a food processor. Process for about 2 minutes, or until a paste forms. Stop machine and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl. Add lemon juice and salt and process for about 1 minute longer into a very smooth whip. Scrape down the sides and bottom again, then add coconut oil. Process for about 15 seconds to fully combine.
2. To processor, add jam and blend to desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 2 tbsp
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 43 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g