Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. To a small saucepan on medium, add strawberries and 2 tbsp water and cook, stirring occasionally, until fruit breaks down and becomes syrupy, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tbsp maple syrup, chia seeds and vanilla. Set aside to cool completely, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, milk, protein powder (if using) and remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup. Stir in fruit mixture. Spoon into molds and add sticks. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours.
3. Prepare topping: Fill a small pot with 2 inches water and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low and set a heat-proof bowl over top. Add chocolate and oil and melt, stirring occasionally, 45 to 60 seconds. Run pop molds under warm water to loosen and gently remove pops; place on a tray. Drizzle chocolate mixture over pops; sprinkle with pistachios. (NOTE: Chocolate will begin to set almost instantly, so work quickly to allow pistachios to stick.) Wrap individually in parchment paper and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Serving Size 1 pop
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 4.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g