Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Chia seeds are the secret ingredient that helps this jam plump up in your fridge – you simply stir them into cooked and mashed berries and let them work their magic.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cups strawberries, roughly chopped (or 1 10-oz package frozen strawberries, thawed)
- 2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds (TRY: Navitas Naturals Organic Chia Seeds)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. To a medium saucepan on medium, add strawberries and cook for 5 minutes, crushing berries to a coarse texture with a potato masher or fork. Transfer to a bowl. (TIP: If using thawed frozen berries, skip the cooking step; simply add to a bowl and crush berries.)
2. Stir in chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla, making sure all chia seeds have been moistened.
3. Cover and transfer to refrigerator for at least 6 hours. Stir in 1 tbsp water, or as needed to reach desired consistency (if using frozen berries, you may not need to add water). Store up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, or freeze up to 3 months.
- Serving Size 2 tbsp
- Calories 43
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g