Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Health Benefit: Unsweetened coconut is rich in medium-chain triglycerides such as lauric acid. Lauric acid has been studied for its ability to aid in weight loss (the majority is converted to energy and other metabolites rather than being stored as fat) and in its potential to help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
1. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang, and mist with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, process strawberries until completely smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove ½ cup of strawberry purée and set aside. Add cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut flour, extracts and salt; process until smooth, 1 minute.
3. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan and swirl in reserved ½ cup strawberry purée; sprinkle with shredded coconut. Freeze until firm, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Lift overhanging parchment and transfer fudge to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice into 24 squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 81
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 23 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g