Strawberry Dutch Baby
It’s a big, fluffy pancake filled with juicy strawberries, except our Dutch baby has none of the white flour or sugar usually found in this tasty breakfast.
If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet or cast iron pan to cook it in, a glass or ceramic baking dish can also be used.
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (about 1½ tbsp per scoop)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup sliced strawberries
- To a blender, add almond milk, eggs, almond flour, arrowroot, collagen, vanilla, honey, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend on high for 3 minutes. Let batter rest for 10 to 20 minutes to fully hydrate the dry ingredients.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Place an oven-safe 6-inch skillet or cast iron pan in the oven for 5 minutes to heat. (NOTE: You want the skillet very hot when you pour in the batter.)
- Carefully remove skillet from oven. Add oil, swirling to coat the bottom and sides, then slowly pour in batter.
- Scatter strawberries over top then place skillet back in the oven. Bake until firm and golden all over, about 22 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Reheat when called for, or eat chilled.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 364
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 186 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 411 mg
- Sugar Content 3.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g