Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two 12-count regular or two 24-count mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, ½ cup oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 1 tsp cinnamon and ginger. Add rhubarb, strawberries and walnuts and toss to coat.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, Sucanat, ¼ cup stevia, flaxseeds, zest and vanilla. With a rubber spatula, fold into flour mixture until no white streaks remain. Divide among muffin tins.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup oats, 1 tbsp cinnamon and 2 tsp stevia. Sprinkle over top of muffins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Let cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack.
- Serving Size 1 Muffin Or 2 Mini Muffins
- Calories 98
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g