Find more breakfast recipes here.
- 3 cupsServings
- 2/3 cup raw unsalted pecans
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Sucanat, or more, to taste
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 large bowl (at least 1 qt)
- Fine mesh sieve or nut milk bag
- 1-qt glass jar
- To a large bowl, add pecans and cover with cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 18 to 24 hours. Drain and rinse well; clean out bowl.
- In a blender, combine pecans, vanilla and Sucanat with 1½ cups water. Blend until thoroughly combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Add strawberries and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Into bowl, filter milk through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer milk to a 1-qt glass jar; cover and chill thoroughly for a minimum of 2 hours. Adjust sweetness with more Sucanat, if desired. (NOTE: Colors and flavors will become more pronounced when cold.) Shake before serving. Milk will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 185
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 6.5 g