Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more breakfast recipes here.
- To a large bowl, add pecans and cover with cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 18 to 24 hours. Drain and rinse well; clean out bowl.
- In a blender, combine pecans, vanilla and Sucanat with 1½ cups water. Blend until thoroughly combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Add strawberries and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Into bowl, filter milk through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer milk to a 1-qt glass jar; cover and chill thoroughly for a minimum of 2 hours. Adjust sweetness with more Sucanat, if desired. (NOTE: Colors and flavors will become more pronounced when cold.) Shake before serving. Milk will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 185
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 6.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g