Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until it resembles small peas. Add maple sugar, apricot, almonds, cinnamon and ginger, and stir. Set aside.
- Using a paring knife or melon baller, remove the core from apples, leaving bottom intact. Divide oat mixture evenly into centers of apples, packing stuffing tightly. To a 5-qt slow cooker, add apples. Pour apple cider around apples and drizzle with maple syrup. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or until apples are tender when pierced with a knife. Serve warm, drizzle with sauce and dollop with yogurt (if using).
- Serving Size 1 stuffed apple
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 5 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g