- Prep Time
- 1/2 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz soft sheep’s milk cheese or goat cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 tsp each smoked paprika and ground black pepper
- 8 mini bell peppers, halved lengthwise, cored and seeded
- 4 slices serrano ham (1 oz) or prosciutto
1. Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash garlic on a cutting board to make a paste.
2. In a small bowl, using a spoon, beat together garlic, cheese, parsley, paprika and black pepper until fluffy. Spoon scant 1 tsp of the cheese mixture into each pepper half.
3. In a dry nonstick skillet on medium-low, cook serrano ham until crispy, about 1 minute per side. Chop and sprinkle over peppers. Serve at room temperature.
MAKE AHEAD: Make peppers through Step 2. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Cook serrano ham and top as directed just before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 56
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 148 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g