Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash garlic on a cutting board to make a paste.
2. In a small bowl, using a spoon, beat together garlic, cheese, parsley, paprika and black pepper until fluffy. Spoon scant 1 tsp of the cheese mixture into each pepper half.
3. In a dry nonstick skillet on medium-low, cook serrano ham until crispy, about 1 minute per side. Chop and sprinkle over peppers. Serve at room temperature.
MAKE AHEAD: Make peppers through Step 2. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Cook serrano ham and top as directed just before serving.
- Serving Size 2 pieces
- Calories 56
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 148 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g