NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate 4 stuffed mushrooms and reheat when called for by placing 6 to 8 inches under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Prep Time
6 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
¼ cup + 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black peppper
3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
3 tbsp chopped raw unsalted almonds
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 small cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup diced yellow zucchini
⅔ cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place mushrooms, cap side down, on a baking sheet and brush with 2 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pesto: To a blender or food processor, add basil, almonds, Parmesan, vinegar, garlic and remaining ¼ cup oil; blend until smooth.
3. Fill mushroom caps with pesto, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and goat cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until zucchini is soft and cheese starts to turn golden.
- Serving Size: 2 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories: 434
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 38.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 384 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g