Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Pesto
These meaty mushrooms are filled with a quick DIY pesto, garden veggies and goat cheese for a healthy meal with a Mediterranean vibe.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftover stuffed mushrooms and reheat when called for by placing 6 to 8 inches under broiler for 5 minutes.
6 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
¼ cup + 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
3 tbsp chopped raw unsalted almonds
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 small cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup diced zucchini (green or yellow)
⅔ cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place mushrooms, cap side down, on a baking sheet and brush with 2 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pesto: To a blender or food processor, add basil, almonds, Parmesan, vinegar, garlic and remaining ¼ cup oil; blend until smooth.
3. Fill mushroom caps with pesto, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and goat cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until zucchini is soft and cheese starts to turn golden.
- Serving Size 2 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories 434
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 38.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 384 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g