Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 4 6-oz Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Mist a 6-qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, onion, corn, carrot, cayenne and oil; stir to combine. Using a fork, pierce each potato in several spots, wrap in foil and place over pepper-corn mixture. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Remove potatoes and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Add parsley, garlic, salt and black pepper to pepper-corn mixture and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add cheddar and blue cheese and toss gently. Remove potatoes from foil and cut each in half lengthwise. (TIP: Use a clean towel to prevent fingers from burning, or let potatoes cool for an additional 5 to 10 minutes before handling.) Fluff flesh with a fork, sprinkle with cheese mixture and top with pepper-corn mixture, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed potato
- Calories: 275
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 230 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g