Find more holiday recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup prepared vegetable-rich dressing (TIP: Try our Classic Dressing Heavy on the Veggies at cleaneating.com.)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp each ground black pepper and red pepper flakes
- 12 oz whole-grain spaghetti (TRY: Jovial 100% Organic Einkorn Whole Wheat Spaghetti)
- 3 cups low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse dressing until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and add beef, egg, cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, black pepper and pepper flakes. Stir or mix with hands until combined. Shape into balls about 1½ tbsp each, about 30 meatballs total. Arrange ½ inch apart on prepared sheet. Bake just until no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, heat marinara sauce on medium-low until warmed through. With a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to sauce, stirring gently to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Divide pasta among bowls and top with meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup pasta, 1/2 cup sauce, 5 meatballs
- Calories: 414
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 82 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 415 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g