Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more holiday recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse dressing until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl and add beef, egg, cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, black pepper and pepper flakes. Stir or mix with hands until combined. Shape into balls about 1½ tbsp each, about 30 meatballs total. Arrange ½ inch apart on prepared sheet. Bake just until no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, heat marinara sauce on medium-low until warmed through. With a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to sauce, stirring gently to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Divide pasta among bowls and top with meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup pasta, 1/2 cup sauce, 5 meatballs
- Calories 414
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 415 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g