Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Want more like these stuffed turkey peppers? Find recipes here.
- Bring rice and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium, cover and continue to boil for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add oil and onions to a large sauté pan over medium-high. Sauté onions for 2 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add turkey, juice and seasoning. Cook until turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and black pepper, cooking, covered, for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fill a large pot half-full with water and bring to a boil. Cut tops from bell peppers and remove all seeds. Add bell peppers and tops to water and return to a boil. Cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove bell peppers and dry on paper towel.
- Drain rice and add to turkey mixture. In a glass dish, stand bell peppers and fill with turkey-rice mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and add bell pepper top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 stuffed turkey pepper
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g