STUFFED ZUCCHINI RECIPE TESTER:
“I used to grow zucchini in my garden, and in peak season I would have more than I knew what to do with. To avoid any going to waste, I had to be creative – that’s how I came to create this simple and tasty dish!”
Learn more about selecting, prepping and storing zucchini here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, halved, seeds and pulp removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing: In a large saute pan on medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tsp oil, vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon an equal amount of stuffing into each zucchini half. Bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/2 stuffed zucchini
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 135 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g