STUFFED ZUCCHINI RECIPE TESTER:
“I used to grow zucchini in my garden, and in peak season I would have more than I knew what to do with. To avoid any going to waste, I had to be creative – that’s how I came to create this simple and tasty dish!”
Learn more about selecting, prepping and storing zucchini here!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing: In a large saute pan on medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tsp oil, vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon an equal amount of stuffing into each zucchini half. Bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/2 stuffed zucchini
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 135 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g