Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare bowl: Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken on one side of sheet. In a small bowl, combine sumac and one-third of oil; brush mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Toss eggplant with cumin, another one-third of oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to the other half of sheet and continue baking for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and eggplant is tender and lightly browned. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then slice.
- To a medium bowl, add kale and cabbage and massage with remaining oil. Add onion and vinegar; toss.
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients except yogurt. Set aside for 5 minutes, then stir in yogurt.
- Divide the rice among bowls. Top with kale mixture, sliced chicken and yogurt sauce.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 491
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 67 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 688 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g