If you love this summer berry galette, we recommend these simple summer sides.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour, plus additional for dusting
- 5 tbsp almond flour, divided (TRY: King Arthur Almond Flour)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice, divided
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes and chilled
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- 3 cups stemmed and quartered strawberries (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups blueberries (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup raspberries (about 6 oz)
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large flat (not rimmed) baking sheet with parchment paper. (TIP: If you don’t have a flat baking sheet, you can flip a regular baking sheet upside down.)
- In a large bowl, combine pastry flour, 1/4 cup almond flour, salt and 1 tbsp cane juice. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour until it resembles small peas. Add 4 to 5 tbsp ice water, 1 tbsp at a time, and mix with a fork until dough just comes together (dough should be soft but not wet and hold together). Gather dough into a ball, flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap; chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a spice or coffee grinder, pulse 1 tbsp cane juice until it becomes powdery. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup cane juice and vanilla seeds. Add berries and rice flour, tossing to coat berries thoroughly.
- Lightly flour countertop. Remove chilled pastry from plastic wrap. Roll out dough to a 14-inch-diameter circle. (TIP: Make sure to keep moving the pastry while rolling so that it doesn’t stick to the counter.) Slide dough onto prepared sheet. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp almond flour over dough. Pile berries and any accumulated juices in center of dough leaving a 2-inch border all around. Fold up the 2-inch border around berries, crimping any seams if necessary. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until crust just begins to brown. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking until pie crust is golden, 35 to 45 minutes more. Cool completely on sheet. Dust with ground cane juice. Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of galette
- Calories: 244
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 51 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g