This low-calorie summer salad combines cantaloupe, zucchini and ham to create the perfect sweet and salty combination. And it only takes 20 minutes to make.
Find more summer salads here!
- Cook Time
- 2 zucchini, trimmed
- 1/4 lb all-natural, thin, deli-sliced ham (no added nitrites or nitrates)
- 1/4 cantaloupe, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried mint (TIP: Fresh mint also works here if you have some on hand, but add it in at the end instead of mixing into dressing.)
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Run a vegetable peeler lengthwise along the edge of each zucchini to make long ribbons. Stack ham slices and cut into approximately 1 x 5-inch strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, ham and cantaloupe. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, mint, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over zucchini mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 64
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 11 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 232 mg
- Sugar Content: 3.5 g