Beneficial bread: This quick bread is packed with healthful foods, including spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and cashew butter. Spinach contains phytochemicals that scavenge free radicals and prevent oxidative damage. Plus, the iron in sun-dried tomatoes and the copper in cashew butter are both pivotal for forming red blood cells.
- Prep Time
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashew butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- chopped raw unsalted cashews, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with oil.
2. In a food processor, process cashew butter and eggs until well combined. Add vinegar and process again. Add baking soda and salt and process until incorporated.
3. Remove blade and stir in tomatoes and spinach by hand. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped cashews (if using).
4. Bake for 45 minutes, until springy in center. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes then transfer to a rack. Cool completely before serving. Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 259
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 116 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 251 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3.5 g