If there’s one meal that’s perfect for any time of day, it’s tacos. Tortillas make such a versatile vessel, allowing you to swap out traditional meat for fillings that can suit breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert (really!). And they can include everything you need from a nutritional standpoint – while they often carry a lot of protein, you can add your favorite veggies, herbs, seasonings and even extras like legumes to create a well-rounded handheld meal.
And if you haven’t tried breakfast tacos, you’re missing out.
With scrambled eggs and beans in place of ground meat, a layer of leafy greens, perfectly melted shredded cheese and the addition of classic taco seasonings like cumin, paprika and pickled onions, our Sunrise Tacos will fill you up and get you ready for the day ahead. The best part? You can make these hearty tacos in no time at all. They come together in just 15 minutes, meaning they’re speedy enough for even the busiest of mornings. To save even more time and speed up your prep time, you can also make the bean mixture ahead of time and stash it in your fridge.
Sunrise Tacos with Cumin Black Beans
- Prepare beans: In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add beans, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant and beans are heated through. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet and mist with cooking spray. Add eggs and season with salt and pepper. Scramble to desired doneness.
- To tortillas, add beans, eggs and desired toppings.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, prepare bean mixture ahead; cover and refrigerate. Cook eggs and assemble before serving.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 653
- Carbohydrate Content 84 g
- Cholesterol Content 372 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 22 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 890 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g