For another quick and easy quinoa breakfast recipe, see Coconut & Quinoa Breakfast Porridge with Fresh Fruit.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa (note: rinse quinoa)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- 4 tsp. maple syrup
- Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high eat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, roast the almonds in a 350F degree toaster oven for 4 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrients per serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 274, Fat: 8 g, Carbs: 44.2 g, Fiber: 6.2 g, Sugars: 11.2 g, Protein: 8.7 g
Jorge Cruise is internationally recognized as a leading celebrity fitness trainer and is the #1 best-selling author of more than 20 books in 16 languages, with more than 6 million books in print. Find his latest book here.