Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange tomato and onion. Sprinkle with ½ tsp Italian seasoning and salt, and drizzle with oil and vinegar. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare chicken: In a shallow dish, place egg. In a separate shallow dish, combine flax, bread crumbs, yeast, chia, remaining 1½ tsp Italian seasoning, ½ tsp garlic powder and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, letting excess drip off, then dip in flax mixture, turning to coat both sides; place in a glass baking dish misted with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce in a saucepan on medium-high; stir in sardines and remaining ¼ tsp garlic powder. Heat gently.
- To serve, on each plate, layer 1 onion slice and 2 tomato slices; top with 1 chicken piece and ½ cup sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup sauce, 2 tomato slices, 1 onion slice
- Calories 380
- Carbohydrate Content 28.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 123 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 524 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g