Superfood Breakfast Cookies
We’ve packed six health-boosting superfoods – oats, coconut, chia, cinnamon, maca and dark chocolate – into these chewy, delicious cookies for the ultimate on-the-run breakfast or snack that will truly satisfy your taste buds.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 oz chopped dark chocolate (70% or greater) or cacao nibs
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raisins
- 2 tbsp maca powder (TRY: Navitas Naturals Maca Powder)
- 1 tbsp brewer’s yeast
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, mix together chocolate, oats, coconut, chia, raisins, maca, yeast and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, blend bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth; pour over dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about ¼ cup), scoop dough onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Moisten fingers and flatten cookies slightly. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool on sheet and then transfer to an airtight container to store in the fridge until ready to serve, up to 1 week.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 228
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 9 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g