Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, combine ginger, orange zest and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of cooking liquid, ginger and zest in pot. Add honey, stirring to combine. Set over medium heat and cook until most of liquid has evaporated and mixture is sticky, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread mixture onto prepared sheet and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches water and bring to a boil; turn heat off. To a heat-proof bowl, add cocoa butter, cacao powder and coconut sugar, and place bowl over pot, making sure bowl does not touch water, stirring occasionally until completely smooth, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove bowl and let chocolate cool slightly. (NOTE: You are looking to cool mixture to 90°F on a candy thermometer. If you do not have a candy thermometer, you can test it by putting a tiny amount of the chocolate on your lip; if you can’t feel a temperature difference, then it’s perfect.)
- Stir in ginger mixture and goji berries. Pour into molds. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Turn mold upside down to release bars. Store in the refrigerator wrapped in parchment for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size 1/3 of a bar
- Calories 268
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 51 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 452 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g