Nutritional Bonus: This sushi salad contains all the benefits of a good sushi bar. The combination of complex carbs, complete proteins and a healthy dose of vitamin B12 (69% DV) helps maintain normal metabolism and regulate energy levels.
READER RECIPE TESTER:
"The Sushi Salad was an excellent clean and crisp salad that was so filling, my wife and I could actually eat it as dinner! Best of all, it takes very little preparation and time. I live in Hawaii, so we tried this salad with ahi tuna and mango instead of crab and avocado
If you enjoyed this sushi salad, try this sushi-style black rice salad.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (TRY: San J Reduced-Sodium Tamari)
- 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 English cucumber, diced into 1/4-inch chunks
- 4 nori sheets, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz crab meat pieces (claw or jumbo lump)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a medium saucepot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. Spread rice on a baking sheet to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk wasabi, soy sauce, vinegar and honey. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix rice, cucumber, nori and carrot. Drizzle with wasabi-honey mixture and stir to combine. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in crab.
- Divide spinach evenly among serving bowls or plates and top each with rice-crab mixture and avocado.
- Serving Size: 1 cup spinach, 1 1/2 heaping cups rice-crab mixture, 1/4 avocado
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 490 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g