Want more black rice recipes? Click here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup black Japonica rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 6 radishes, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups seeded and chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado, optional
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger, optional
- 1 sheet toasted nori, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium
- soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk wasabi and mayonnaise until smooth; whisk in vinegar, soy sauce and oil. Set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with half of vinaigrette. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot of boiling water, add edamame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- To bowl with rice, add radish, scallions, spinach, cucumber, edamame, avocado and ginger (if using); toss gently to combine. Divide evenly among plates and drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with nori and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 2 cups of sushi salad
- Calories: 373
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 428 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g