Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER
“The Sushi-Style Soba with Seared Salmon has all the flavor of homemade sushi with the simplicity of a pasta. I love finding new ways to include salmon in my diet, and the Asian-inspired aromas in this dish really showcased my favorite fish.”
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, add all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until well blended with no lumps remaining. Set aside.
- Place mushroom in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until al dente, about 4 minutes; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine re-hydrated mushroom, onions, nori, carrot, ginger and daikon. Add noodles and half of vinaigrette, and gently toss.
- Rub oil all over salmon and season both sides with pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high until very hot. Add salmon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on 1 side. Flip over and cook opposite side for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer salmon to a cutting board and let rest. When salmon is cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch widthwise slices and lay on top of noodle mixture. Serve with remaining vinaigrette for dipping salmon, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 368
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 151 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g