Marinate tempeh for sandwiches, bowls and stir-fries. Put some fiber-rich plants into your daily dietary routine with this protein-packed functional food. Take either tempeh or tofu and marinate it in your favorite homemade sauce overnight. Once ready to use, just bake the tempeh in the oven with the sauce. Use it on sandwiches, atop grain bowls, paired with steamed veggies and roasted potatoes, or in stir-fries.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more meal plan recipes.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, puréed
- 9 oz organic tempeh, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, oil, soy sauce, maple syrup and garlic. Add tempeh. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a baking dish, arrange tempeh in an even layer and drizzle remaining marinade over top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve on whole-grain rye bread or other whole-grain bread with sauerkraut and tomato for a quick and easy lunch or breakfast.
- Serving Size 5
- Calories 176
- Carbohydrate Content 11.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 239 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g