Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread edamame evenly across parchment. Bake until dried and crispy, 20 to 23 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine maple syrup and cayenne. To a large skillet, add pecans, almonds and cashews. Drizzle syrup mixture over nuts and stir to coat. Place on medium-high heat and cook, stirring often, until syrup bubbles, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add edamame and stir to coat.
3. Pour edamame-nut mixture over parchment on same baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Return baking sheet to 400°F oven and bake until nuts are browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with salt. Cool completely on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serving Size 1/4 cup
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 63 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g