Find more budget recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp red miso paste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 yam or sweet potato, cut into
- 1/3-inch-thick slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1-lb cod fillet, bones removed, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed (TRY: Eden Organic Black Beans)
- 2 tbsp crumbled toasted nori (seaweed paper)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor, process garlic until minced. Add miso, lime juice, vinegar, oil, honey, ginger and 2 tsp water; process until very smooth.
- Spread yam slices on one sheet; mist both sides with cooking spray. Roast for about 30 minutes, turning halfway, until very tender.
- Place cod on second sheet. Mist both sides with cooking spray and brush 1 tbsp miso mixture on both sides. Bake for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until opaque throughout and flakes easily with a fork. Divide rice, beans and yam among 1 piece of cod and sprinkle with nori, seeds and scallion. Drizzle with remaining miso mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 piece cod and 1 1/2 cups rice and vegetables
- Calories: 453
- Carbohydrate Content: 66.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 43 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 412 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g